- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Peter Rance
- Angela Barnes
Received from CCllr Rodney Rose and DCllr Tom Simcox.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The recorded Minutes from the Meeting held on 13 March 2017 were agreed, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
(a) BDO External Auditors
Stuart Fox had reported that the external auditors had asked the following questions, ahead of their carrying out the official external audit;
1. To supply a copy of the bank statement (s) for all accounts held showing a balance at 31 March 2017 – Stuart will provide this information.
2. Did the PC minute the acceptance of last year’s external audit carried out by BDO – The PC have never been asked to do this previously.
3. Did the Internal Auditor send a report and if so was this recorded in the minutes – No official report was received, albeit the PC were advised by the Internal Auditor that there were no issues to be acted upon.
(b) Financial Regulations
These were reviewed agreed by all councillors present.
Chq No. 101054 I Godden Boiler £2424.00
Chq No. 101055 A Barnes Salary £610.14
Chq No. 101056 Post Office/HMRC P.A.Y.E £152.60
Chq No. 101057 Lord Rotherwick’s Settlement Allotment Rent £700.00
(Previous cheque 101003 paid to Cornbury has been cancelled)
Chq No. 101058 A Barnes Expenses £114.33
Chq No. 101059 WODC waste and dog bins £258.07
Chq No 101060 Tiddy Hall Room Hire £163.60
Chq No 101061 Hickman paid to P Carter Railway Fund £37.56
Chq No 101062 Hickman paid to P Carter Re-seed Pound £58.96
Bank Balance £50,304.24
5. REPORTS FROM COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLORS:
No reports, apologies received.
6. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public present.
(a) New Application – 17/00937/HHD 45 Shipton Road Erection of side conservatory – objection letter lodged
(b) Ongoing Application – 17/00657/HHD 10 Maple Way Erection of rear conservatory
(c) Ongoing Application – 16/02793/FUL 18 Maple Way Erection of 6 dwellings & associated works
(d) Appeal – APP/D3125/D/17/3168099 Chaundy Barn 45 High Street (16/03058/HHD Retrospective – partly granted / partly refused.
8. MATTERS ARISING:
(a) Co-option –
(b) County, District and Parish Council Surgery
(c) Wychwood Church of England Primary School request for donation to MUGA Ongoing
(d) Wychwoods Working Together – Cllr Carter was updating the PC’s Emergency Plan.
(e) Speeding Vehicles – Cllr Timms is working on this – Ongoing
(f) WODC Community Grants – Ongoing
(g) Annual Parish Meeting – the date was confirmed as Monday 24 April.
(h) Defibrillator Pads – Clerk was asked to order replacement pads – Ongoing
(i) OCC Grasscutting Contract – this was discussed at length Ongoing
9. RISK ASSESSMENT & GROUND MAINTENANCE:
Cllrs Tribe and Rance reported that they had completed the Risk Assessment, this included:
(a) Village Green
(b) Five Shilling Corner
(c) The Pound – Cllr Carter reported that topsoil had been delivered to the Pound and this would be re-seeded.
(d) Notice Boards and Waste Bins – the Clerk was asked to contact Ubico and ask the procedure for new dog and waste bins to be installed – Ongoing
(e) Church Gates and War Memorial Plaques – Cllr Carter reported that work had commenced on cleaning the Church Gates – Ongoing
(f) Memorial Playing Field, Playground & Pavilion;
(i) Replacement Sign – Ongoing
(ii) Trellis – Ongoing
(iii) Handrail Cllr Carter reported that a quote had been received. Cllr Rance proposed that the quote was accepted and works commence. This was seconded by Cllr Timms – Ongoing
(iv) Sport England Drainage – Cllr Carter reported that the contractors, Agripower, were due back to carry out the maintenance.
(v) Pavilion Boiler – Cllr Carter reported that the new boiler had not been working properly and that she had met the contractor who had done the installation – Ongoing
(vi) Pavilion Windows – Cllr Carter reported on the historic problem with the windows on the Pavilion which had been pecked by birds. She reported that she had managed to locate the original supplier, Milena, who have provided a quotation to visit and silicone the windows and replace the blown window. Cllr Rance proposed this be accepted and the works carried out. This was seconded by Cllr Timms – Ongoing
(vii) Pavilion Decoration – Cllr Carter reported that she had secured a team of volunteers who will carry out the painting for free. However the materials will need to be purchased. Cllr Timms proposed that the Parish Council paid for the materials and Cllr Rance seconded this.
The Clerk reported that the nearly all of the rent had been received, as noted under the Financial Report.
Nothing to report
The Ascott village responses to the questionnaire for a special group saver trial of a week day morning (to Oxford) and afternoon return train from Ascott, has now gained over 40 positive replies, and even Shipton PC had 7 positive from their Villagers for an extra service from Shipton. Cllr Rance has now passed these results to the CLPG asking them to pursue the matter with the GWR Train Franchise.
(a) 30mph Roundels at each end of the Village – these were discussed as they had now been practically worn away – Cllr Carter has contacted Paul Wilson, Area Steward OCC – Ongoing
(b) Pavement at Ascott Earl – Ongoing.
(c) Potholes – this issue was discussed and it was agreed to take photographs of the dangerous potholes and write a joint letter to OCC. Ongoing
13. REPORTS FROM ORGANISATIONS:
(a) Ascott-under-Wychwood Sports Club – Nothing to report
(b) Ascott Village Charity – Nothing to report
(c) Wychwood Library – Nothing to report
(d) Helpers of Ascott-under-Wychwood Cllr Carter reported that the Helpers had done a wonderful job on the Station garden, cutting back, weeding and mulching. She reported that on Monday 24th the Helpers would be doing some work on the Church wall.
The Clerk reported she had received two telephone calls with regards to the signs erected by Witney Signs for Windrush School.
Mike Pearce re potholes throughout the Village and Bramwell Lane, leading to Kingstanding Farm.
OALC – March update
Cotswold Grant Funding programmes
15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
There being no further business, the meeting was declared closed at 9.30pm. The next meeting will be the Annual Village Meeting and will be held on Monday 24 April and the Annual General Meeting, which will be held on 8 May 2017.
Cllr Philippa Carter (Chairman)
Date: 15 May 2017