- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Peter Rance
- Tom Simcox
- Angela Barnes
CCllr Rodney Rose and Cllr Mark Tribe
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The recorded Minutes from the Meeting held on 13 February 2017 were agreed, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
Playing Fields Legacy Fund £2,040.00 (Drainage scheme grant)
S Fox £10
R G Plant £20
A Woods £10
Evenlode Gardening £150.00 Chq 101050
PCarter Railway planting £53.46 Chq 101051
Ascott GrapeVine donation £400.00 Chq 101052
OALC Annual Subscription £133.07 Chq 101053
5. REPORTS FROM COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLORS:
DCllr Tom Simcox extended his thanks for Ascott hosting the joint councils’ workshop. He reported that this had been a very successful meeting. MP Rob Courts enjoyed meeting everyone.
DCllr Simcox reported on the WODC budget – there was not much change. He reported that the formal proposal of a Joint Unitary Council had been announced by OCC and was called Publica.
6. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public at the meeting.
(a) New Application – 17/00657/HHD 10 Maple Way Erection of rear conservatory
(b) Ongoing Application – 16/02793/FUL 18 Maple Way Erection of 6 dwellings & associated works
(c) Appeal – APP/D3125/D/17/3168099 Chaundy Barn 45 High Street (16/03058/HHD Retrospective
8. MATTERS ARISING:
(a) Co-option – this was discussed and the ongoing difficulty in finding a fifth councillor. It was felt that a letter drop could prove advantageous. Cllr Carter agreed to co-ordinate.
(b) County, District and Parish Council Workshop Saturday 25 February – please refer to Item No. 7 District Councillors Report.
(c) Wychwood Church of England Primary School request for donation to MUGA Ongoing
(d) Wychwoods Working Together – Cllr Timms attended a Neighbourhood Action Group (NAG) meeting and reported that the main topics discussed were speeding and drugs. Cllr Timms agreed to speak to residents in London Lane re speeding checks being done by parishioners
(d) Grapevine donation – a request for a donation from the PC had been received. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Carter to offer a donation of £400. This was seconded by Cllr Tribe.
(e) Speeding vehicles – covered it (d) above.
(f) WODC Community Grants – DCllr Simcox reported that there were no grants yet, but would check again in the new financial year.
(g) Annual Parish Meeting – the date was confirmed as Monday 24 April. The Clerk was asked to book the Tiddy Hall (main hall). The Clerk reported that she would organise the Agenda for this to be displayed with the ordinary meeting Agenda.
9. RISK ASSESSMENT & GROUNDS MAINTENANCE:
Cllrs Tribe and Rance reported that they had completed the Risk Assessment and the points that needed action were:
(a) Village Green – Wooden Posts need attention – Chris Badger has offered help. Martyrs Seats need refurbishing – the best method and costings are being investigated by Cllr Carter
(b) Five Shilling Corner
(c) The Pound – concern for the state of the wall between the churchyard and the Pound
(d) Notice Boards and Waste Bins – boards to be re-furbished with the help of Pete Moss/some dog bins need replacing
(e) Memorial Playing Field and Playground – Cllr Carter reported that RoSPA had been booked to carry out their inspection on the play equipment. The handrail by the steps has been quoted for – another is needed outside the emergency door of the pavilion. Cllr Carter will obtain quotes, Conifer tree in the playground to be trimmed away from the front wall.
(f) Allotments – demolish derelict shed and burn along with Parish bonfire (after Easter).
(g) Church Gates and War Memorial Plaques
(i) Sponsors’ Sign for Playground – Ongoing
(ii) Trellis – Ongoing
(iii) Handrail – see above
(iv) Sport England Drainage – Playing Fields Legacy Fund had now paid the last outstanding grant of £2040. Laurence Mellor will be contacting the contractors to confirm when they are due back on site.
The Clerk reported that rent requests and new tenancy agreements had been sent to all tenants.
Nothing to Report
An initiative proposed to Cllr Rance by the Cotswold Line Promotion Group (CLPG) to seek Ascott village reaction and potential support for a request to GWR Franchise for a “Group Saver Fare” special trial extra mid morning stop at Ascott, on an existing Oxford bound and mid afternoon return service, prompted a Grapevine Journal insert and a questionnaire in the village shop. By Sunday 12th March, the response by phone and to the questionnaire had gathered a total of 23 positive requests, with 3 specifically expressing concern about potential car parking problems, 2 of which consequently only wanted this single extra train. One respondent was from Milton who admitted to needing to park his car.
As this initiative is simply to seek GWR reaction to a one off special, which if it does happen, would demonstrate the actual on day usage and any issues arising, it is too early to draw conclusions. Cllr Rance will now liaise with CLPG who will open a dialogue with GWR, and he will report both to the PC and those villagers who have expressed a strong interest in this initiative, on GWR’s reaction and hopefully a date for such a special additional train stop
(a) 30mph Roundels at each end of the Village – these were discussed as they had now been practically worn away – Cllr Carter will contact Paul Wilson, Area Steward OCC – Onoing
(b) Pavement at Ascott Earl – ongoing.
(c) Potholes – this issue was discussed and it was agreed to take photographs of the dangerous potholes and get together and write a letter to OCC. Cllr Rance agreed to do High Street.
13. REPORTS FROM ORGANISATIONS:
(a) Ascott-under-Wychwood Sports Club and Pavilion – Cllr Carter reported that the Boiler had been replaced and had asked the contractor Ivor Godden to provide the Clerk with his invoice.
(b) Ascott Village Charity – Cllr Timms reported that the next meeting was scheduled for 18 May.
(c) Wychwood Library- Cllr Timms reported that the current funding agreement ends in March and that the Library will be looking to the Wychwood PC’s for the same level of commitment.
(d) Helpers of Ascott-under-Wychwood – nothing to report.
Clerks & Councils Direct
OALC Section 137 Expenditure amount for 2017/18
“The Department for Communities and Local Government has confirmed that the appropriate sum for parish councils for the purposes of section 137(4)(a) of the Local Government Act 1972 (“the 1972 Act”) for 2017-2018 is £7.57. This is the amount that results from increasing the amount for 2016-17 (£7.42) by 2% – the percentage increase in the retail index between September 2015 and September 2016, in accordance with Schedule 12B to the 1972 Act.”
WODC – letter confirming Commercial Waste Collection for 2017
WODC – letter confirming “Continuation of Work 2017/18”
OCC – letter re their Grasscutting responsibilities & Legal Agreement for signing and returning
WELMedical – Defibrillator pads – Cllr Timms agreed to check the date on the pads to see if the PC needed to order some more.
15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
There being no further business, the meeting was declared closed at 9.40pm. The next meeting will be held on Monday 10 April 2017.
Cllr Philippa Carter (Chairman)
Date:10 April 2017