- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Peter Rance
- Mark Tribe
- Angela Barnes
CCllr Rodney Rose and DCllr Tom Simcox.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
The recorded Minutes from the Meeting held on 12 December 2016 were agreed, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT:
£5,000.00 Windrush Valley School Drainage scheme
£17.99 L Mellor Snow Fund – Chq No. 101049
6. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
8. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public at the meeting.
16/03648/HHD Conversion of garage to living accommodation and erection of carport with room above at 15 London Lane.
16/02793/FUL Erection of six dwellings and associated works at 18 Maple Way – Cllr Carter and Mr Kester Harvey attended another meeting at Cottsway offices to discuss the new Concept Plan and put forward the comments of residents affected. These were well received by Cottsway and architects and a new application will now go to full planning application.
10. MATTERS ARISING:
(a) County, District and Parish Council – date confirmed Saturday 25 February, 11.30-12.30 to be held in the Sports Pavilion. Robert Courts, newly elected MP will be attending. The councillors agreed to advertise this event with an A-board on the Green together with notices on the Notice Boards and in the shop – Cllr Carter to organise. All councillors also agreed to email parishioners in their email groups.
(b) Wychwood Church of England Primary School request for donation to MUGA Ongoing
(c) Wychwoods Working Together – Cllr Carter reported that the meeting held on 6 February and hosted by Milton-under-Wychwood Parish Council, had proved very informative. The Parish Council would discuss this in more depth at the March meeting.
(d) Grapevine donation – a request for a donation from the PC had been received. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Carter to offer a donation of £400. This was seconded by Cllr Tribe.
(e) Speeding vehicles over the River Bridge – Cllr Carter would write to Paul Wilson at OCC.
(f) Annual Litter pick – Cllr Carter thanked Cllr Timms for stepping in to co-ordinate this at the eleventh hour. She reported that it had been very successful and that all equipment had been returned to WODC Street Scene, now known as UBICO.
(g) WODC Community Grants – waiting for an update from DCllr Simcox.
11. RISK ASSESSMENT & GROUND MAINTENANCE:
Cllr Carter reported that she had updated the Risk Assessment document and that Cllr Tribe and Cllr Rance would carry out the next inspection throughout the Village. Cllr Carter presented a schedule of works that fell under the responsibility of the Risk Assessment. This was discussed and the appropriate works/responsibilities agreed.
The PC plans to renovate the notice boards – Cllrs Tribe and Rance to note state of each board during village inspection. Cllr Tribe to investigate alternative material for outdoor boards which is waterproof and can take drawing pins easily. It was agreed that the name plates proposed by Pete Moss were very good.
The Clerk was asked to contact WODC to follow up previous Ascott PC requests to replace the rusty waste bin on the corner of Dawls Close and Shipton Rd. The 2 existing dog bins on the Village Green and by the Playing Field need to be emptied by WODC. This should be reported quoting the identifying numbers printed on each bin.
12. MEMORIAL PLAYING FIELD:
(Recreation and Playground)
(a) Replacement Sign – Ongoing
(b) Trellis – Ongoing
(c) Handrail – Ongoing
(d) RoSPA Inspection – Ongoing
13. SPORT ENGLAND DRAINAGE:
Cllr Carter reported that the pledge from Windrush Valley School for £5,000 had now been received. She reported that the Playing Field Legacy Fund grant was agreed but not yet received
(a) Cllr Carter reported that P Councillors in Milton-under-Wychwood shared responsibility for parts of the Village, for example leaflet dropping, checking notice boards, any issues raised by residents etc., and asked the councillors if this is something Ascott would consider.
(b) 30mph Roundels at each end of the Village – these were discussed as they had now been practically worn away – Cllr Carter to contact Paul Wilson, Area Steward OCC.
(c) Grips on Chipping Norton Hill and London Lane – Cllr Carter confirmed that these had now been dug by OCC.
(d) Farm Hedges on Chipping Norton Hill and London Lane – Cllr Carter reported that these had now been cut.
(e) Pavement at Ascott Earl – ongoing.
15. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Carter reported that she had met with Mary Barnes to discuss renovating and decorating the Pavilion. She reported that it would be a good time to carry out these works, whilst the Pavilion was not being used due to the drainage project. Cllr Carter reported that Laurence Mellor had done some costings.
16. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter reported that Ascott-u-W PC will be liaising with the Wychwoods over CEPs and with a view to sharing refuge centres should a major catastrophe occur. She had asked the Tiddy Hall Trustees for permission.
17. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the Helpers would be working on the River Bridge, the Pavilion and the Pound.
Cllr Rance reported that at the helpful suggestion of a Cotswold Line Promotion Group (CLPG) committee member, an insert flyer in the next village Grapevine Journal will seek parishioner interest in an initiative for a Group Saver request at a reduced fare, for a weekday mid-morning into, and mid-afternoon return train from Ascott to Oxford. This to exploit an existing scheduled service.
The scale of response will then give the CLPG evidence to decide whether to pursue the request with the GWR franchise operators, so there is no guarantee that such an extra service will be provided.
This initiative reflects a current, complete lack of GWR enthusiasm for providing this as a permanent service on weekdays, as a standard improvement in trains from and to Ascott whether or not Group Savers are involved.
19. WYCHWOOD LIBRARY:
Nothing to report.
20. VILLAGE CHARITY:
Cllr Timms reported that the Village Charity met last week and that there was nothing to report.
The Clerk had sent Cllr Tribe an up-to-date schedule of the allotment tenants and the rents to be requested. Cllr Tribe agreed these were up-to-date and asked the Clerk to send the letters and agreements for 2017 to all tenants.
Inside Government – Tackling Flooding 2017 – Cllr Carter reported that she and Cllr Tribe would attend this. Cllr Carter agreed she would book the places.
23. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
(a) The Clerk was asked to note on the PC Xmas checklist that all decorations and equipment are kept together in the storage room upstairs in Tiddy Hall. Aso to note on the checklist that Laurence Mellor should be informed well in advance about the date of erecting the Xmas tree so that he has time to check the lights.
(b) Cllr Tribe and Cllr Carter to source maps of Rights of Way within the parish boundaries for public display.
There being no further business, the meeting was declared closed at 9.15pm. The next meeting will be held on Monday 13 March 2017.
Cllr Philippa Carter (Chairman)