- Sandy Timms (Vice)
- Mark Tribe
- Peter Rance
Responsible Financial Officer:
- Stuart Fox
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public:
- Paul & Fiona Currie
- Chris George
Cllr Philippa Carter (Chair)
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
The recorded Minutes from the Meeting held on 14 March 2016 were agreed, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
Cllr Tribe declared an interest in Item No. 11, Planning Application 16/00882/HHD.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT:
Total Balance today £40,368.44.
Expenditure 31st March 2016
Clerks Quarterly Salary £559.66 (Chq No. 101003)
Post Office PAYE £140.00 (Chq No. 101004)
Treetech £1656.00 (Chq No. 101005)
Tiddy Hall Rent £176.40 (Chq No. 101006)
Clerks Quarterly Expenses £123.73 (Chq No. 101007)
WODC Emptying Dog Bins £175.49
WODC Commercial Waste £78.78
Stuart Fox (Responsible Financial Officer) presented the monthly accounts and confirmed that the Year End Accounts, together with the Annual Return would be discussed at a separate finance meeting when the Chairman had returned from holiday. This was scheduled for Monday 25 April after the Annual Village Meeting.
6. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
CCllr Rodney Rose reported on the ongoing cuts and the Unitary Debate.
7. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
Stuart Fox addressed DCllr Tom Simcox regarding the Village Shop and West Oxfordshire District Council’s Council Tax and Discretionary Relief. He reported that the Village Shop provides a vital service to the community, which is now run by almost 90% volunteers. He asked DCllr Simcox if he could assist with the Village Shop receiving a 100% Discretionary Relief as opposed to the 80% they currently receive. The Clerk was asked to draft a letter from the PC to WODC Revenues & Benefits department in support of Stuart’s request and copy DCllr Simcox.
DCllr Tom Simcox reported on the Local Plan and gave advice on Planning Application 16/00882/HHD.
8. PUBLIC TIME:
Cllr Timms welcomed Paul and Fiona Currie and invited them to address the meeting. Paul and Fiona referred to their planning application 16/00882/HHD (noted below under Item No. 11) and asked if the PC could explain their comments to the application.
Cllr Tribe thanked Paul and Fiona for coming to the meeting and explained how planning applications were discussed and comments reported. He confirmed that he would discuss this application with Cllr Philippa Carter on her return from holiday, and carry out a joint site visit at the weekend. DCllr Simcox confirmed that this application had not yet been delegated and that he would advise accordingly.
Cllr Timms welcomed Chris George and invited him to address the meeting. Chris reported on the ongoing issue of BT removing the derelict phone box from Shipton Road and asked the PC to support a decision to remove this. Cllr Timms explained that the PC were duty bound to follow WODC’s planning rules on this issue and that, to date, there had been no objections to remove it.
9. BT TELEPHONE BOX:
Please refer to Item No. 8 Public Time.
10. MATTERS ARISING:
(a) Wychwoods Working Together – ongoing
(b) County, District and Parish Council Surgery – the next surgery is scheduled for Saturday 30 April. Cllr Timms confirmed she would be attending Ongoing
(c) Church Lime Tree Project – ongoing
(d) Oxfordshire Together (OCC) – ongoing
(e) The Pound – Cllr Timms reported progress was being made and that a schedule of works had been emailed.
(f) Grass Cutting Contract (revised) – ongoing
(g) Verges damaged by heavy vehicles – ongoing
(h) Priory Lane – the Clerk was asked to contact Wayne Barker at OCC and to move this item from Matters Arising to a main heading.
16/00882/HHD Proposed Alterations and single storey pitched roof rear extension & 16/00883/LBC Proposed Alterations and single storey pitched roof rear extension 9 The Green Ascott-under-Wychwood
16/00882/HHD Willowbrook 51 High Street Ascott-under-Wychwood
12. MEMORIAL PLAYING FIELD – RECREATION & PLAYGROUND
(a) Replacement Sign – ongoing
(b) Trellis – ongoing
(c) Handrail – ongoing
(d) Hedgecutting – ongoing
13. SPORT ENGLAND DRAINAGE:
Nothing to report.
(a) London Lane South (Charlbury) private garden pond Mrs Beveridge
(b) Pot-holes – Ongoing
(c) Pavement outside Ascott Earl House – Ongoing
15. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Nothing to report.
16. RISK ASSESSMENT:
This had now been rotated to Cllr Tribe and Cllr Rance to review and update.
17. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Tribe reported that he and Cllr Rance would check the equipment.
Nothing to report.
Trains: no further progress on enhanced services from AuW station, except the CLPG Journal for Spring 2016, pps 27&28 give their case showing the viable extra stops at AuW for existing weekday trains, that have been the basis of CLPG pressure on the GWR franchise. Cllr Rance hopes to attend the CLPG AGM on 14th May.
Buses: as expected, OCC has completely removed all subsidies. The only formal result so far is that the GoRide C1 train connecting service from Charlbury will be withdrawn. We still await proposals from Pulhams and Villager buses for their decisions under the umbrella of the Oxfordshire Together initiative led by Cllr Rodney Rose.
Culverts: all working well, but only because of regular checking and small scale debris removal. Cllr Rance is not alone in doing this it seems as on his return one morning to clear debris, it had “vanished overnight”!
20. WYCHWOOD LIBRARY:
The Clerk reported that she had received an email from James Hazlewood that the next invoice instalment would be sent very soon.
21. VILLAGE CHARITY:
Cllr Timms reported that there would be a meeting in May
22. PARISH COUNCIL ANNUAL VILLAGE MEETING:
The Clerk reported that all Parish, District and County councillors had been invited, together with all of the organisations and that some reports had been received. Cllr Rance gave his apologies as he would be on holiday. It was agreed to meet at 6.30pm to help set up the Hall and prepare light refreshments.
Zurich Insurance – PC Renewal
Mike Pearce re Priory Lane – please refer to Item No. 9 Matters Arising
Paul & Fiona Currie re Planning 16/00608/HHD –please refer to Item No 10 Planning
OCC Library Funding – James Hazlewood advising invoices for next instalment to follow
OCC – Grasscutting grant will remain the same – Purchase Order to follow
CLPG Spring Newsletter (Number 123)
Letter from David H van de Poll The Wychwoods Day Centre thanking PC for their donation.
24. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
There was no other business to record.
There being no further business, Cllr Timms declared the meeting closed at 9.30pm and confirmed the next meeting would be the Annual Village Meeting which will be held on Monday 25 April.
Cllr Sandy Timms (Vice Chairman)