- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public:
- Mark Tribe
- Peter Rance
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN and VICE CHAIRMAN
Outgoing Chairman Cllr Rob Morgan welcomed everyone to the meeting. Cllr Sandy Timms proposed Philippa Carter to be the Chairman. This was seconded by Cllr Laurence Mellor. Cllr Philippa Carter proposed Sandy Timms to be the Vice Chairman. This was seconded by Cllr Laurence Mellor. Rob Morgan (Outgoing Chairman) wished the new Parish Council well and was excused from the Meeting. Cllr Carter thanked Cllr Morgan for his hard work and contribution to the village.
Cllr Laurence Mellor proposed Mark Tribe be co-opted on to the Parish Council. This was seconded by Cllr Philippa Carter. Cllr Sandy Timms proposed Peter Rance be co-opted on to the Parish Council. This was seconded by Cllr Philippa Carter.
The Clerk confirmed that she would notify West Oxfordshire District Council (WODC) accordingly and request the appropriate paperwork.
DCllr Tim Simcox – apologies were recorded.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest to be recorded.
5. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes from the May Meeting were discussed and the following changes agreed; Item Number 6 Defibrillator should read Richard Hadden and not Richard Simpson. Item number 7 County Councillors Report should read David Clack and not Ian Clack. These changes were agreed and the Minutes were then duly signed, dated and filed.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- New signatories on Bank Mandate – new signatories were recorded on the Bank’s mandates.
- Internal Audit – ongoing
- Authorisation of payments
- No payments
- HMRC VAT Refund £420.03
- OCC Grass cutting grant £1055.45*
(*NB OCC have indicated that this may be halved next year)
7. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
CCllr Rodney Rose reported that he took over Chairmanship of the East West Rail Joint Delivery Board, which will run from Oxford to Bedford via Milton Keynes. He reported that this is a high speed electrified rail with the eventual hope that it will go from Bedford onto Cambridge. CCllr Rose reported that one concern he had was the Cotswold Line and the strive for electrification as there is a risk that diesel trains from Hereford and Worcester will terminate at Oxford needing a change to the electrified service.
Oxfordshire County Council
Gullies” on London Lane & Chipping Norton Hill (already marked)
Hedgerow on London Lane
It was reported that past Chairman Rob Morgan had met with CCllr Rodney Rose and Dave Clack of OCC Highways with regards to the above. To date no report had been received – CCllr Rose confirmed that he would look in to this and send the report from the meeting to the Parish Clerk.
8. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
9. PUBLIC TIME
There were no members of the public and so no Public Time was recorded.
10. MATTERS ARISING
- Defibrillator – The Clerk reported that she was chasing this, but that the administration was proving difficult – Ongoing
- Wychwood Library – to nominate a parishioner to represent the Parish Council – Ongoing
- Culvert by Tyack’s Yard – Ongoing
- Parish Plan – Ongoing
- Parish Councillors’ individual roles & responsibilities – Ongoing
There were no planning applications outstanding and no new applications to be considered.
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Mellor reported that Sport England had granted £35,000 + £8,000 for drainage works on the Playing Field. Cllr Mellor agreed to be responsible for the co-ordination of the drainage works. Cllr Mellor asked the Clerk to record the Council’s gratitude and thanks to Graham Bell, Simon Gidman, Rob Morgan and Laurence King (WODC) for their experience and help.
13. PROJECT SAFE PLAY:
Cllr Carter reported that she was waiting for a decision on the re-negotiations of funding from WODC.
14. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Mellor reported that the Football Team was hopeful to enter a second team into the League. He reported that the proposed drainage works should help the Pitch and the match opportunities. Cllr Mellor reported on a request for a potential “Family/Friends” Cricket Match in August.
15. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
16. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that there was no meeting last month, but that she would be coordinating an ad-hoc session.
There was no Correspondence to distribute or discuss.
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Dog Bin – Cllr Mellor reported that he had been asked if the Parish Council could source a Dog Bin on London Lane (ideally 100 yds beyond the Village Sign. This was discussed and the Council felt that a better site would be close to the entrance to the allotments. The Clerk was asked to enquire about costings and report back and note this under Matters Arising for the July meeting.
- Fly-Posting –Cllr Mellor reported that concern had been raised about the amount of “flyposting”. The issue was discussed and Cllr Mellor suggested that all parish councilors remain vigilant and remove any inappropriate fly posting; also that an article could be put in to the next Grapevine.
- Allotment Lane – Cllr Mellor reported that he had been approached by a parishioner asking if the lane could be cut. The Clerk was asked to contact the contractor accordingly.
- Skip on Shipton Road outside Andrews Yard – it was reported that the licence was out of date. Cllr Carter agreed to investigate and speak to the parishioners concerned.
There being no further business Cllr Carter declared the meeting closed at 9.50pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 14 July 2014 at 7.30pm.
Cllr Philippa Carter Dated 14 July 2014