- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Bridgette Crundwell
- Laurence Mellor
- Angela Barnes
Cllr Philippa Carter sent her apologies.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The February and March recorded Minutes were agreed, signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- £12.95 World of Colour 100863
- £150.00 Tiddy Hall Annual Rent 100865
- £116.35 A Barnes Expenses 100866
- £532.45 A Barnes Salary 100867
- £70.71 Post Office HMRC PAYE 100868
- £31.06 R Morgan Paint 100869
- £30.00 Allotment Rents
- £2.24 Interest
- £75.00 Snow Clearing payment from Shipton PC
The Clerk reported that the end of year accounts would be presented to the Parish Council at the Annual Parish Meeting on Monday 22 April for approval, together with the Annual Return.
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public.
8. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
41 High Street Ascott-under-Wychwood
There were no objections to the above planning application and the Clerk was asked to report this to WODC.
13/0248/P/FP 2 Dawls Close
9. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Morgan had received the quotation to install a French drain and Sump outside the front of the Pavillion. The quotation was agreed unanimously in principle – Cllr Morgan would speak with the contractor to discuss further, taking into account the future works on the play equipment.
Cllr Mellor reported that there was a great deal of bird mess being deposited on the toddler swings and therefore proposed purchasing a Bird Guard, which would stop birds perching above the swings. Cllr Morgan seconded the proposal. Cllr Mellor also reported that the bark at the bottom of the slide would need replenishing.
10. PROJECT SAFE PLAY:
Cllr Mellor reported that three meetings with suppliers of MUGA’s and SUGA’s had been arranged and when these were complete a report detailing costs would be presented at the May meeting.
Cllr Mellor reported that a preliminary date in June for a CarBoot would be confirmed by Cllr Carter.
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Nothing to report.
12. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported that there had been another session of “snow clearing” which had proved successful. Cllr Mellor asked the Clerk to record the Parish Council’s thanks and gratitude for the tireless work and support from Chris Badger.
13. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
In the absence of Cllr Carter, the Clerk reported: the next Helpers session will be held on Saturday 27 April from 9am to 12noon and would be carried out at the Playground.
It was also reported that work on Network Rail land (Station Bank and opposite the Signal Box) will be continued outside the normal helper sessions.
14. ANNUAL VILLAGE MEETING:
The Clerk reported that the Agenda, together with the Draft Minutes from 2012 were available to view on the Website. She confirmed that the paperwork had been sent to all parties and relevant organisations. The Clerk reminded the PC that the Tiddy Hall had been booked from 6pm and that all had agreed to meet at 6.30pm to help set up and provide refreshments.
Cllr Crundwell proposed co-opting Sandy Timms as the fifth member of the Parish Council, this was seconded by Cllr Morgan and agreed unanimously. The Clerk reported that she had received the relevant paperwork from WODC, which would be given to Sandy to complete.
16. MATTERS ARISING:
- County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund – Ongoing
- Tiddy Hall Kitchen – Cllr Morgan reported that funding applications had been applied for Ongoing
- Parking in Church View – Cllr Mellor reported that the wooden posts had now been erected and asked the Clerk to record gratitude and thanks to CCllr Rodney Rose for his help and support. – Complete
- Village Charity – debris collected along the fence in the Charity field – Ongoing
- Culvert by Tyack’s yard – Cllr Morgan reported that he had emailed twice without success. He would now contact David Northey – Ongoing
- Grit Bin Shipton Road – Cllr Mellor reported the he had contacted OCC Highways, but no response and having checked the levels of the bins it was felt there was adequate stock. Complete
- Speeding on Shipton Road – Cllr Morgan reported that he had contacted the Parishioner and discussed the issues. Cllr Morgan agreed to contact Thames Valley Police. – Ongoing
- CLPG Spring 2013
- WODC Co-option paperwork for Sandy Timms
- OALC Update (emailed)
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Cllr Morgan reported that he had been asked questions about the works being carried out by OCC on Chipping Norton hill. Cllr Morgan agreed to contact OCC about this and asked the Clerk to add this to Matters Arising at the May meeting.
- Cllr Morgan reported on the amount of “Fly Posting” on the Notice Boards. This was discussed and agreed that everyone would continue to be vigilant and remove any material that is deemed not relevant.
- Cllr Crundwell reported that Cllr Timms (newly co-opted) was happy to represent the Parish Council at the Village Charity meetings and has advised Mark Dawbarn accordingly. The Clerk was asked to advise the Charity of Sandy’s contact details.
- Cllr Crundwell reported on the Leafield Road from Ascott-under-Wychwood, where subsidence, due to badgers going underneath the road has affected the structure. Cllr Morgan agreed to contact OCC Highways and asked the Clerk to carry this forward to Matters Arising.
- Cllr Mellor asked the Clerk to note that the payment £175.75 recorded in the March minutes was for payment for materials used to prepare a Nativity Scene, together with the payment recorded in the April Minutes for £31.06 to Cllr Morgan, which was paint used for the Nativity Scene.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 8.31pm and confirmed the next meeting would be the Annual Village Meeting on Monday 22 April in the Tiddy Hall. Cllr Morgan also confirmed that the May meeting is the Annual General Meeting and would be held on Monday 13 May at 7.30pm.