- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Bridgette Crundwell
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Pauline Marshall
- Hilary Hibbert-Biles
- Angela Barnes
CCllr Rodney Rose
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The recorded Minutes from the December 2012 meeting were approved, duly signed and dated by the Chairman and filed by the Clerk.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. MEETING DATES FOR 2013
14 January, 11 February, 11 March, 8 April for the ordinary Parish Council Meeting and 22 April for the Annual Village Meeting, 13 May, 10 June, 8 July, no meeting in August, 9 September, 14 October, 11 November and 9 December.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Chq No. 100851 Laurence Mellor £633.54 (snow grant)
- Chq No. 100852 £0.00 (spoilt & cancelled)
- Chq No. 100853 The Wychwood Day Centre £36.46 (donation from Carols on the Green)
- Chq No. 100854 A Barnes £206.56 (clerks quarterly expenses)
- Chq No. 100855 A Barnes £530.53 (clerks quarterly net salary)
- Chq No. 108556 HMRC £72.63 (PAYE)
- Chq No. 108557 The Wychwood Day Centre £100.00 (donation)
- £125.00 from Mr C Badger for Project Safe Play
- £2,000 from OCC for Project Safe Play
- £2.53 Interest
- £36.46 collection from Carols on the Green
This was discussed and agreed that it should be set at £16,250.00. The Clerk was asked to advise WODC accordingly.
6. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
Cllr Morgan reported in CCllr Rose’s absence that provision had been made to carry out the necessary drainage works on London Lane and Chipping Norton Hill.
7. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
DCllr Hibbert-Biles reported that there was a freeze on council tax and that a budget meeting was scheduled for full council on Wednesday. She reported that grants had stayed the same. DCllr reported that issues surrounding the Chipping Norton Maternity unit were ongoing.
8. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public present and so no public time was recorded.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
12/1821/P/FP 32B Shipton Road
12/1819/P/FP 25 High Street
The two applications above were discussed and there were no objections. There were no new applications for consideration.
10. NETWORK RAIL LICENCE
Nothing to report – Ongoing
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Mellor reported that there was a problem with mole hills at the top and bottom corner of the field. Cllr Carter reported that contact had been made with the Lottery and WODC regarding grants and future funding for Project Safe Play. Fundraising was discussed and ideas that were suggested are:
- Sponsored Walk (provisional date Sunday 7 April as first preference and second preference was Sunday 14 April).
- Car Boot – Cllr Carter agreed to look in to – June as a possibility
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
It was reported that the Toddler Group were struggling and that they had now changed their day from a Tuesday to a Monday
13. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported that 8 volunteers had been trained to use the equipment and that there were potentially another 7 that had shown interest. He reported that both he and Cllr Morgan had used the brush equipment and cleared High Street, The Green and Shipton Road.
Cllr Mellor had spoken with the Clerk from Shipton-under-Wychwood Parish Council with regard to clearing the Shipton Road exit route from the Village.
Cllr Carter reported that she had spoken with Ron Spurs at WODC with regard to the broken padlock to the Sandbin and the delivery of sand being delivered and dumped on the Tiddy Hall car park as opposed to directly into the sand bin.
Cllr Mellor agreed to research and source suitable torches.
14. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the scheduled Litter Pick would take place on Saturday 26 January between 10am and 12 noon. It was agreed that notices would be displayed inviting the everyone from the Village to join them.
15. CHRISTMAS CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
A de-brief on the annual event was discussed. The weather, excessive rain, played the main part in cancelling the event. This was discussed at length and one option was for the event to take place in the Church, should weather be a problem in future years. The Clerk was asked to look in to the possibility and feasibility of this. Cllr Mellor reported that a new transformer and a new string of lights should be sourced from the original supplier. He agreed to look into this in May when new stock would be available.
16. MATTERS ARISING:
- County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund – please refer to Item No. 6.
- Tiddy Hall Kitchen – Ongoing
- Parking in Church View – OCC had been contacted – Ongoing
- X8 Bus – the issues had been reported to OCC and Stagecoach had also been made aware. It was reported that the official route had been confirmed and that any future breaches to the confirmed route should be reported.
- Sponsored Spring Walk (fundraising for Project Safe Play) – please refer to Item No. 11.
- Letter from WODC re the estimated Tax Base for 2013/2014 and Precept form for 2013/2014
- Letter from The Wychwoods Day Centre Limited requesting a donation
- Email request from Mallams Estate Agents to advertise on the Village Website
The Clerk was asked to reply, confirming the Parish Council’s Precept request for 2013/2014.
The letter from The Wychwoods Day Centre Limited was discussed. It was proposed by Cllr Mellor and seconded by Cllr Marshall that a £100 donation be added to the collection from Carols round the Christmas Tree of £36.46. The Clerk was asked to reply to the letter enclosing the two cheques for £36.46 and £100.00 accordingly.
The email request from Mallams Estate Agents was discussed and it was agreed unanimously that the website was not suitable for commercial advertising.
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Cllr Morgan had a map outlining the boundaries of the Village, this was circulated and discussed.
- There had been a lot of concern about the amount of water on High Street. It was thought that the most was coming from the Cornbury field. Cllr Morgan agreed to contact Cornbury and DCllr Hibbert-Biles would speak to Laurence King at WODC.
- Cllr Carter reported on the amount of water on the Shipton Road, opposite the Tiddy hall entrance (outside No. 46). This was discussed and it was reported that contractor Laines would be addressing the problem and fixing it next week. The Clerk was asked to carry this issue forward to Matters Arising.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 9.30pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 11 February 2013 at 7.30pm in the Tiddy Hall.