- Rob Morgan (Chairman)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Philippa Carter
- Pauline Marshall
- Angela Barnes
The Clerk reported that apologies had been received from Cllr Laurence Mellor.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
Cllr Carter requested that the minutes show a breakdown of the bank balance, thus recording the different amounts relating to Station Enhancement, Big Society funding and general. This was agreed and the Clerk would ensure that this is shown in future recorded minutes. The Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 21 May 2012 were agreed and duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
The Clerk reported that the internal audit was now complete and the following points were noted:
15th April receipt from Peter Greening was recorded in minutes as Sports Centre rent, but was allotment rent.
The following receipts were not recorded in the minutes;
- 3rd June Interest £1.47
- 2nd Sept Interest £0.93
- 2nd October Interest £0.73
- 2nd December Interest £0.91
- 17th October Precept £5427.00
In December, January & February no cheque numbers were recorded against the various payments. It is recommended that the Parish Council record all cheque numbers.
- 100823 Thames Valley Air Ambulance £50.00
- 100824 WODC Commercial Waste £69.94
- 100825 Nigel Wild – Sheepwash Sign £69.51
- The bank balance is £18,708.94, after raising the above cheques. This balance includes Station Enhancement £1,190.29 , Playground £47.39 and the Big Society £4,100.00
5. CODE OF CONDUCT:
The Clerk had sent a copy of the fresh code of conduct to all councilors prior to the meeting and reported that West Oxfordshire District Council suggested that the new Code of Conduct be adopted by the Parish Council. The code of conduct adopted by the West Oxfordshire District Council should be adopted as the code for members and co-opted members of Ascott-under-Wychwood Parish Council, with effect from 1 July 2012, or such other date as may be specified in regulations, to replace the current code of conduct. The Parish Council passed the above resolution and the Code of Conduct was duly adopted.
6 COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7 DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
9. PUBLIC TIME:
No public time.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
- 12/0119/B/FP/O Building Regulations Application at 5A Shipton Road
- 12/0674/P/FP Erection of single storey rear extension at Pyrton House Station Road, Shipton-under-Wychwood
- 12/0694/P/FP Erection of single and two storey side extensions to form additional accommodation at 20 London Lane, Ascott-under-Wychwood
10. VILLAGE PLAN:
The clerk was asked to carry this forward.
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Morgan reported that compliments had been expressed at the quality and state of the field at the Jubilee Lunch.
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Carter reported that the planned Football Tournament was scheduled for this weekend. She also reported that a date for the Club’s Annual General Meeting would be confirmed.
13. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
It was reported that two surveys had been received. The first was a Highways Survey from OCC titled Winter Weather feedback. This had been duly completed by Cllr Mellor. The second survey was also from OCC and titled Community Emergency Planning. Cllr Carter reported that she is in the process of completing this.
14. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the Helpers worked hard last month, which included a lot of manual labour. She reported that G & M Tyack, located at Station Yard had been extremely supportive and had supplied topsoil. Cllr Carter reported that the next session would be led by Cllr Morgan and Cllr Mellor and would be held on Monday 25 June from 1pm to 4pm.
15. MATTERS ARISING:
Annual Village Meeting:
The Clerk reported that she was waiting for an answer from OALC confirming that reports received without a representative being present can be included in the recorded minutes but do not need to be read aloud.
Cotswold Line Promotion Group (CLPG):
Cllr Morgan reported that he was trying to arrange a meeting with the three Wychwoods – ongoing.
The Clerk was asked to ask Stuart for three suitable dates that he could make to finalise the adoption of the Model Standing Orders.
Queen’s Diamond Jubilee:
Cllr Morgan reported that it was a very nice lunch, the children enjoyed all of the prepared activties and the event was noted as a very enjoyable day. Cllr Carter proposed a vote of thanks to the Jubilee Committee, Debra Cull, Mary Barnes, Jacqueline Bugeja and Louise Woods. Cllr Morgan seconded this proposal and it was agreed unanimously. The Clerk was asked to write to Debra Cull formally thanking the Jubilee Committee.
County Councillor Highways & Transport Fund (formerly the Area Steward Fund)
Cllr Morgan reported that quotations had been received from OCC for the following:
- River Bridge – £395 to allow for clearance of the existing grips and channels adjacent to the bridge and any necessary clearance to the gully and its outfall.
- London Lane – £948 to allow for the removal of all vegetation and trees likely to destabilise the wall. The scheme will be limited to those areas without nesting birds.
The above were discussed, at length and it was felt that the quotation requests had not been answered correctly. Cllr Morgan and Cllr Carter agreed to contact OCC to arrange an on-site meeting and progress further.
Natural History Project:
Carry forward to September
A letter from The Wychwood Day Centre Limited thanking the PC for their donation.
17. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Neil Homer of Transition Chipping Norton & Cotswolds Broadband Limited had sent an email to Nigel Wild who had forwarded this on to Cllr Morgan. This was to promote a superfast broadband network in Ascott-under-Wychwood and suggested a meeting on 20 July with either a Marquee on the Village Green, in the Tiddy Hall or at the School. Cllr Morgan will reply supporting this.
- Cllr Carter reported on the worsening state of the Network Rail (NR) Notice Board at the bottom of Dawls Close. It was agreed that Cllr Carter will contact Theresa Cessay to remove the board as soon as possible.
- An invoice had been received from Nigel Wild for repairing the Sheepwash Sign. Cllr Morgan proposed payment of the invoice, which was seconded by Cllr Crundwell.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 9.15pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 2 July at 7.30pm in the Tiddy Hall.