- Rob Morgan (Chairman)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Laurence Mellor
- Pauline Marshall
- Hilary Hibbert-Biles
- Angela Barnes
CCllr Rodney Rose and Cllr Philippa Carter
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 12 December 2011 were agreed and duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
5. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
DCllr Hibbert-Biles reported that council tax will be frozen for another year.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- £120.00 Bruern Farm (Christmas Tree)
- £170.00 Wychwood Day Centre (donation from Carols on the Green)
- £51.44 Zurich Insurance (additional premium)
- £140.42 Clerks quarterly expenses
- £575.56 Clerks quarterly net salary
- £224.40 Paul Lane Stump Grinding
- £235.00 Proceeds from the Pantomime (to be held in playground fund)
- £170.00 Collection from Carols on the Green
7. PUBLIC TIME:
No public time
- 11/1870/P/OP Removal of existing outbuilding and erection of new dwelling at The Swan 4 Shipton Road Ascott-under-Wychwood – Deferred
- Cllr Morgan and Cllr Crundwell reported that they had attended the planning meeting at WODC earlier today and confirmed that the application status had been changed from “recommended for refusal” to “deferred”. This application would be re-visited by WODC in February.
- DCllr Hibbert-Biles reported that she had received a telephone call from a parishioner with regard to the above planning application. She reported that after speaking with Jon Westerman it had been suggested to WODC by a small group of parishioners that there may be a possibility for the Village Shop to be sold and re-located to the Swan Public House. The Parish Council were surprised and disappointed that they were not consulted before this suggestion was put to WODC. Cllr Morgan agreed to speak with the Village Shop Committee to enquire if they were aware of this.
- 11/1871/P/FP Erection of two storey extension and conversion of loft to include insertion of dormer window in front elevation at 44 Shipton Road Ascott-under-Wychwood – New
- There are no objections to the above application and the Clerk was asked to write and confirm this with WODC.
9. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
No session in December and January work delayed pending a site meeting with Network Rail. A Litter Pick was discussed and it was agreed to ask if this is something the Helpers could organise towards the end of January.
10. CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
This event, now in its third year, was well supported with a collection of £170. As agreed this would be donated to the Wychwood Day Centre. To debrief on the formalities of the event;
- To start earlier 7.00pm
- Mulled wine for 100 and Mince Pies for 60
- PA system/bell should be used – one suggestion was using the PC’s Megaphone
- Cllr Mellor suggested asking the Windrush Valley School to decorate the tree
- Ensure all the lights are used and not wrapped round too tightly
Cllr Morgan reported that unfortunately the lights had been damaged, which was discovered whilst removing them. He is confident that they can be repaired.
11. VILLAGE PLAN:
Nothing to report.
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Morgan reported that the tree stump had now been ground down and removed to 6” below ground.
13. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Nothing to report.
14. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported that the Big Society application for “Project Snowstorm” had been successful in its entirety and funding of £8,650 will be given to the PC. Cllr Mellor reported that OCC will send a contract out for signature by the Chairman and Clerk. He reported that he had compiled a list of Snow Volunteers and that he received a daily report from the Winter Maintenance Department at OCC. Cllr Morgan suggested a maintenance programme for checking the PC’s equipment.
Cllr Mellor conveyed his thanks and gratitude to DCllr Hibbert-Biles for all of her support. DCllr Hibbert-Biles suggested that the Clerk contact the Chipping Norton Town Clerk with regard to liability insurance issues.
Nothing to report
16. VILLAGE WALKABOUT:
A date and time was agreed to carry out a Village Walkabout and to discuss the Area Steward Fund. The PC will meet on Saturday 11 February 2012 at 10am on the Village Green.
17. MATTERS ARISING:
- OCC Reference No. PEM390333 (to be carried out this calendar year)
- Installation of two new Salt Bins; Church View (on the verge adjacent to the Pound) and on Shipton Road (on the bends to the west verge clear of the BT box and pumping station) Ongoing
- Replacement of the Salt Bin in the Tiddy Hall car park (free of charge) Ongoing
The Clerk reported that Matthew Timms from OCC Highways had contacted her with a view to meeting someone on site before installing the two new salt bins. Cllr Morgan had contacted Matthew and was waiting to hear back to agree a suitable date and time.
Cllr Crundwell reported that the takings were £500 down on this time last year – probably due to the severe weather last year.
Parking Church Close:
- Incident Number URN8951 21/5/2011 The Clerk reported that she had received a telephone call from a parishioner who was particularly fed up with the inconsiderate parking which still continues. She explained that during Christmas more often than not there were two vehicles parked in front of the Church gates, despite the Landlords confirming to the Tenants that they were only entitled to one space. A parishioner with a large wheelchair could get access through the gates, but with difficulty. On some occasions there is one car parked in the middle.
- This issue was discussed and the Clerk was asked to draft a letter to James and Christine Wilson outlining the above and asking them to address the issues once again. Cllr Morgan agreed to hand deliver the letter.
Natural History Project:
Diamond Jubilee Lunch 2012:
- Cllr Morgan reported on the plaque on the entrance gates to the Recreation Field. He reported that the stone plaque could not be removed to be cleaned and thought this may be a job for a stonemason, which may prove expensive. DCllr Hibbert-Biles suggested applying to the Big Society for funding.
BT Phone Box on Shipton Road:
- The Clerk reported that she had spoken with BT Openreach Payphones Department, who explained that unless the PC were prepared to pay for this box to be removed and re-sited then it would remain where it was as BT had no funding for this. The costs involved would be thousands as opposed to hundreds of pounds. After discussion it was agreed that this would not be feasible.
- Letter from Thames Valley Primary Care Agency
- Clerks & Councils Direct
- WODC; Meeting of the Standards Committee 12 January 2012 (Agenda & September minutes)
19. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- The Wychwood Day Centre’s request for a donation – the Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the April meeting when it can be discussed in the next financial year
- Annual Litter Pick – please refer to item no. 9
- Cllr Morgan reported that the loose/odd signs on London Lane and Chipping Norton hill had now been removed.
- Cllr Mellor reported that the tyres in the hedgerow had been removed and were now ready for collection.
- Cllr Marshall reported on the state of the NR notice board at the end of Dawls Close. The Clerk was asked to write to NR again and ask them to either remove it or make it safe.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 9.50pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 13 February.