Parish Councillors Present:
- Rob Morgan (Chairman)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Pauline Marshall
- Hilary Hibbert-Biles
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public:
- Nigel Braithwaite
Received from CCllr Rodney Rose
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 14 February were agreed and duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
4. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
5. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
Cllr Hibbert-Biles reported that the new Chipping Norton Hospital was now open and that discussions were still being held with regard to having an emergency care practitioner. Cllr Hibbert-Biles explained to the PC why she had left her Cabinet Post.
All tenders were discussed. Cllr Rob Morgan proposed that the contract be offered for 3 years to Shane Barnes, this was seconded by Cllr Bridgette Crundwell.
7. ANNUAL VILLAGE MEETING
This was discussed and confirmed that the date would be Monday 18 April at 7.30pm. The Clerk was asked to book the Tiddy Hall and write to the relevant organisations accordingly.
8. PUBLIC TIME
Cllr Rob Morgan welcomed Nigel Braithwaite and invited him to address the meeting. Nigel asked if the PC were any further forward with a questionnaire addressed to the Village regarding the Swan Public House. Cllr Morgan confirmed that this was in hand and would be finalised and distributed over the next week or two.
There were no new planning applications to be considered. Cllr Morgan reported that he and Cllr Crundwell attended the Uplands Area Planning Sub Committee at WODC with regard to the red roof tiles on the last house at Station Place development (formerly 2A Shipton Road.) He reported that the outcome was not in favour. It was suggested that this development may be better named Gilbert’s Keep, DCllr Hibbert-Biles agreed to make some initial enquiries and Cllr Morgan agreed to contact Jon Westerman at WODC Planning.
10. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter reported that she and Cllr Morgan attended the Exercise Watermark on Saturday 12 March and said that it was a worthwhile day. She reported that she had revised and updated the Plan and would copy it to Cllr Morgan and Bethan Morgan at OCC Emergency Planning team for comment before submitting the final version. Cllr Carter reported that the database of volunteers was developing well and she had nearly completed the database of vulnerable residents.
Cllr Mellor reported on the purchase of the Snow Plough. This is still on order and he confirmed that he was in the process of getting quotes for a gritter/spreader.
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD VILLAGE CHARITY:
Cllr Marshall reported that Keith Ravenhill will be joining the Charity. She reported that Lower Green Ditch was ongoing. Cllr Marshall reported that to date 3 applications had been received from students to apply to the Village Charity for grants and that each applicant had been given £50. She asked if the Marquee could be stored in the Pavilion permanently. This was agreed.
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Mellor reported on the works that had been undertaken by himself and Cllr Carter, which included ongoing maintenance outside the Pavilion, inside the Pavilion, current bookings and finance.
- Fencing the south west corner of the Sports Field – a quotation had been received from NTG Fencing for £500 + vat. Cllr Crundwell proposed that the quotation be accepted and this was seconded by Cllr Morgan. The Clerk was asked to instruct the contractor to start as soon as possible.
- Iron gates to the Recreation field – Ongoing
- Re-landscaping the play area – Cllr Crundwell brought a sample of the cheapest playbark to the meeting and it was felt that this was unsuitable. It was decided that the maintenance works should be carried out as soon as possible and to re-visit the replenishing of the playbark once it had been raked over.
- To reinstate the stone road from the bottom of the playing field entrance to the top of the Pavilion entrance – three quotes have been received; £2200, £3420 and £2890 respectively. Before going ahead it was suggested that the PC contact WODC to enquire if there were any grants available with this sort of small works. Cllr Morgan agreed to contact Frank Wilson at WODC. Ongoing
13. MATTERS ARISING:
Ascott-under-Wychwood Village Charity:
- Ditch on the Charity Land – Ongoing
- Landscaping the bank which is now free of weeds following the upgrade to the ditch opposite Sunset House – Cllr Morgan reported that this had been agreed in principle by OCC and NR – final details to be confirmed Ongoing
- Salt Bins and gritting/clearing the roads (preferred routes) : OCC have been asked to install two new grit bins. The first one to be sited in Church View on the verge adjacent to the Pound. The second one to be sited on Shipton Road, on the bends to the west verge clear of the BT box and pumping station Ongoing
- Cllr Morgan confirmed that the bins had been replenished with stock. The grit bin sited in the Tiddy Hall car park is damaged and the Clerk was asked to ask OCC again to replace it . Ongoing
- The discharge of water on to London Lane in front of Mrs Beveridge’s house needs following up. OCC started investigations last year but have stopped work. Cllr Morgan has spoken with OCC who confirmed that this had been passed to Wayne Barker in their drainage team Ongoing
- Saplings/vegetation on the west side verge between 12 and 18 London Lane – Cllr Morgan reported that OCC have agreed this will be cut back and that some of the potholes in London Lane will be addressed Ongoing
13. MATTERS ARISING Cont’d:
Cllr Crundwell reported various facts and figures to the meeting and noted that although profits were up, they were down compared to 2009.
Natural History Project:
Cllr Morgan reported that he had spoken with OCC Highways and was waiting for a response on procedures.
14. FINANCIAL REPORT:
£67.50 Allotment rents
£30.00 D Cook (fuel used during the snow)
£133.07 OALC Annual Subscription
15. VILLAGE MAINTENANCE:
- Notice Boards – Ongoing
- Overhanging tree on the footpath adjacent to the School – Ongoing
- Refuse bins being left on the highway outside properties – Ongoing
- Annual Litter Pick – a date was confirmed; Saturday 16 April to meet at 10am outside the Village Shop. The Clerk was asked to organise gloves, pickers and bags. These would need to be collected from WODC. Cllr Morgan agreed to collect. The Clerk was asked to design and display a poster inviting parishioners to join in with the Litter Pick.
- The third phase of the Village Walkabout was discussed and it was agreed to organise a date at the April meeting.
Nothing to report
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Cllr Morgan reported on the speeding figures which had been sent to him by PC Marstin of Thames Valley Police.
- Cllr Mellor reported that PCSO Kirstyn Tyrer tried to hold a community liaison on Saturday in the Village Shop, but unfortunately when she arrived the Shop was closed.
There being no further business, Cllr Morgan closed the meeting at 9.55pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 11 April 2011 and the Annual Village Meeting would be held on Monday 18 April 2011.