Parish Councillors Present:
- Rob Morgan (Chairman)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Angela Barnes
Apologies were received from Cllr Pauline Marshall and CCllr Rodney Rose
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 13 December were agreed and duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
4. CODE OF CONDUCT:
The Clerk reminded all councillors of procedures and of the Code of Conduct that needed to be followed.
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. PUBLIC TIME
No Public time
The Swan Public House 10/1663/P/FP
9. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter reported that the plan was 95% complete and she will send copies to the Emergency Planning team, OCC, WODC and DCllr Hilary Hibbert-Biles for their comments before finalising. She reported that the database for volunteers was more than 50 and the list of vulnerable people that was being compiled was taking longer to develop. Cllr Carter reported on the Snow Guides received from OCC Highways and the Clerk was asked to laminate these and display them on the notice boards.
Cllr Mellor reported on the progress of his research into the Village purchasing their own snow plough. He reported that he had spoken with the local farmers and had provided them with specifications, costs etc. in order for them to comment and advise. Chris Badger confirmed that he would be happy to store the snow plough on his land and when the need arose would be happy to supply a tractor and driver. Cllr Mellor proposed that the Parish Council purchase an 8′ snow plough to the specification the users have indicated, the proposal was agreed unanimously. Cllr Mellor agreed to carry out some more cost comparisons from other suppliers.
10. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Please refer to the Minutes prepared by the sub-committee of a meeting held with the user groups.
11. FINANCIAL REPORT:
£158.06 Collection from the Carols round the Christmas Tree
£32.74 Laurence Mellor Electronic Timer
£158.06 Wychwood Day Centre (collection from the Carols round the Christmas Tree)
£482.53 A Barnes Clerks quarterly salary
£112.53 A Barnes Clerks quarter expenses
£120.63 Post Office PAYE
£90.97 P Marshall (mulled wine for Carols round the Christmas Tree)
12. MATTERS ARISING:
- Beyond the Level Crossing: Works now done, but needs to be checked that it has been jetted. Cllr Morgan agreed to speak with Gordon Kelman at OCC – Ongoing
- Ditch on the Charity Land – Ongoing
- Landscaping the bank which is now free of weeds following the upgrade to the ditch opposite Sunset House – Ongoing
- Salt Bins and gritting/clearing the roads (preferred routes) : The Clerk was asked to contact Gordon Kelman at OCC and request two new grit bins. The first one to be sited in Church View on the verge adjacent to the Pound. The second one to be sited on Shipton Road, on the bends to the west verge clear of the BT box and pumping station. The Clerk was also asked to advise OCC that the grit bin at the top of London Lane is empty, the one outside 27 London Lane is half full and needs replenishing, the one on the bridge on Chipping Norton hill is half full and needs replenishing. The grit bin sited in the Tiddy Hall car park is damaged and the Clerk was asked to ask OCC again to replace it and replenish the salt.
- The discharge of water on to the road from in front of Mrs Beveridge’s house needs following up. OCC started investigations last year but have stopped work. Cllr Morgan agreed to speak with Gordon Kelman at OCC and notify them of the ice on London Lane resulting from the discharge of water.
- Notice Boards – Ongoing
- Overhanging tree on the footpath adjacent to the School – Ongoing
- Iron gates to the recreation ground – Wychwood Wrought Iron to supply a quotation – Ongoing
- Fencing the south west corner of the sports field – waiting for a quotation from NTG fencing – Ongoing
- Refuse bins being left on the highway outside properties – Cllr Morgan has spoken with parishioners and the Clerk was asked to write to the others.
- Saplings/vegetation on the west side verge between 12 and 18 London Lane – the Clerk was asked to write to OCC Highways
- RoSPA Inspection / re-landscaping the play area in the recreation ground. Cllr Morgan to meet Shane Barnes on site and go through the report- Ongoing
Cllr Morgan confirmed that the next Village Walkabout would be on Saturday 12 February and asked all to meet at 10am outside the Village Pound.
It was reported that the shop had had a very good Christmas with figures being up week on week.
Natural History Project:
Ongoing – Clerk would chase again
Carols round the Christmas Tree:
It was reported that the collection raised £158.06 and the Clerk was asked to forward a cheque for this amount to the Wychwood Day Centre.
Nothing to report.
15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Cllr Morgan reported that the Village Fete would be held on 11 June 2011
- Cllr Morgan reported that he had been advised that the PCC had received two quotes for pollarding the trees in the Church Yard
- The PC agreed that they should continue to offer mulled wine at the Carols round the Tree, but that they should buy it themselves as they did the mince pies.
- Cllr Mellor advised the Clerk that his telephone number was still incorrect on the website. The Clerk agreed to speak to Paul Cunningham when she sent the December minutes to him.
There being no further business, Cllr Morgan closed the meeting at 10.45pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 14 February 2011.