Councillors Present were: Mr David Wilkinson, Mr Stuart Fox, Mrs Elaine Byles
Members of the Public: Miss Tustian, Mr F Russell, Mrs W Pearce, Ms R Baxter, Mr T Craig
Parish Clerk: Mrs A Barnes
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
Mr Stuart Fox proposed Mr David Wilkinson be elected as Chairman; this was seconded by Mrs Elaine Byles.
Mr Stuart Fox proposed Mrs Elaine Byles as Vice-Chairman; this was seconded by Mr David Wilkinson.
Mrs Elaine Byles proposed Mr Stuart Fox be re-elected as Financial Officer; this was seconded by Mr David Wilkinson.
Received from Mrs Hilary Hibbert-Biles District Councillor
These were Agreed, signed, dated and numbered.
4. MATTERS ARISING
Post Box: Ongoing
Cottsway Housing/Chestnut Drive: The Clerk reported that Cottsway were aware of the ORCC input for Affordable Housing – Ongoing.
Oxfordshire County Council Highway issues: Clerk reported that a letter had been received advising us that the drain on the Chipping Norton Hill had been jetted and it was apparent that the drain was in need of repair from damage by tree roots. This work was scheduled to be done – ongoing.
Pavilion/Sports Clubs: Ongoing and nothing to report.
Shop Report: Nothing to report.
Parish Conservation Plan: Mr Fox reported that the Council still needed a further two quotations to re-build the wall around the Pound. Hopefully these will have been received in time for the June meeting. It has also become apparent when completing the TOE form for the grant, that funding does have to be in place before the TOE would release their funds. Mr. Fox is going to look into this further.
Action Mr Fox
Walk through Ascott Leaflet: The finished and printed leaflet was circulated and it was confirmed that this is now available in the Village Shop.
Rubbish/Waste on Brasswell Lane / Kingstanding: It was reported that the the old settee which had been dumped has been removed, however there were still tyres left. Clerk to contact WODC again to see if the tyres can be collected also.
Hedgerows/Brambles on River Bridge and A361 joining Ascott Hill: Despite Clerk having written to both Mr Bill Izod and Mr John Izod respectively nothing had been done. Clerk to write again requesting they be cut back.
Affordable Housing ORCC: It was reported that the Housing Needs Surveys had been delivered and will be going out with the Grapevine to each house in Ascott-under-Wychwood.
5 Shilling Corner: Mr Nigel Braithwaite had written to Mr Stuart Fox advising that he would be happy to continue with this project and report back to the Parish Council accordingly. Clerk to write back to Mr. Braithwaite advising that the Parish Council would be delighted for him to carry this project on. In Mr. Braithwaite’s letter he also reported that there were several problems that had come to light after having met the County Council’s Minerals & Waste Officer on site on Friday 7th April. There were concerns with regards to access, the possibility that should this site become filled then payment would have to be made by the public to tip and also it was discovered that there is a Badger Set within the site. It has yet to be established whether this is a live set. Ongoing.
ROSPA Report had been received, together with a covering letter. This was given to the Councillors for circulation and to be put on the Agenda for the June meeting under Matters Arising.
A letter had been received from the Thames & Chilterns in Bloom Association inviting Ascott to participate. It was agreed the Clerk should write and decline the invitation.
An E-mail had been received from Mr Mike Pearce advising the Parish Council of the Sports Clubs AGM to be held on Wednesday 16th August at 7.30pm and that the Parish Council would need to send a representative. Mr. Fox advised that he would attend.
Action Mr. Stuart Fox
An invitation had been received from RAF Brize Norton inviting a Parish Council member to join Captain Ian Elliott for a Community Briefing Day. The Chairman took the invitation in the hope that he could attend.
A letter had been received from WODC enclosing a Draft Statement of Community Involvement. This was given to the Councillors for circulation and should be put on the Agenda for the June meeting under Matters Arising.
An E-mail had been received from Mr Laurence Mellor requesting the Parish Council’s approval for him to take over Mr Peter Swann’s Allotment Plot as Mr Swann was moving away from the village. The Parish Council confirmed they were happy for this to happen and the Clerk to write and advise Mr. Mellor.
A letter had been received from WODC with regards to the Appeal for 2A Shipton Road, inviting the Parish to make representations to the Secretary of State at The Planning Inspectorate. Mr Fox asked that the Clerk send a response noting the Council’s strong objections again and enclosing previous correspondence. It was noted that from the content of the letter it was referring to two appeals and it was suggested that the Clerk contact Mrs Hibbert-Biles for advice.
06/0424/P/FP CHANGE OF USE FROM REDUNDANT BARN TO HAIRDRESSING SALON (Retrospective) at CROWN FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD.
06/0425/P/FP CHANGE OF EXISTING FARM WORKSHOP TO WORKSHOP & METAL ART STUDIO (Retrospective) at CROWN FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD.
06/0443/P/FP ERECTION OF DETACHED GARDEN ROOM/STORAGE at 35 HIGH STREET, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD.
06/0624/P/FP 2 STOREY SIDE EXTENSION at HOLLY COTTAGE, ASCOTT UNDER WCHWOOD.
06/0791/P/FP INSTALLATION OF ROOF LIGHTS at WINDRUSH VALLEY SCHOOL ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD
06/0776/P/FP INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ERECTION OF TWO STOREY SIDE AND REAR EXTENSION at 4 HIGH STREET ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD.
Mr Stuart Fox reported that the Accounts which had been submitted and circulated at the Annual Parish Council Meeting on Monday 10th April, 2006 had one minor change which was the recording of the Tiddy Hall rent for the hire of the hall and room. This should have read £113.50. The Accounts were given to Mr David Wilkinson for his approval and for him to sign off at the June Meeting. Clerk to note this and add to Matters Arising next month.
Allotment Rent £10.00 paid by Ms Baxter and Mr Craig (previously rented by Mr S Hicks, who has now moved away from the Village)
The Precept £4300
Tiddy Hall Rent £113.50.
8. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
9. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT
Apologies received from Mrs Hilary Hibbert-Biles.
10. PUBLIC QUESTIONS
Q: Miss Tustian asked the Parish Council about the Hedgerows and Brambles on the River Bridge and the A361 being cut back as visibility is extremely poor and dangerous.
A: It was explained to Miss Tustian that the relevant land owners had been written to, but had had no response, so the Clerk was going to write again to.
Q: Ms Baxter & Mr Craig raised the question regarding speeding through the Village, in particular London Lane. It was asked if the Village could have an electronic speed sign similar to that at Fulbrook?
A: The Clerk is going to contact the Parish Clerk of Fulbrook and ask how the sign was funded.
Mr Fred Russell asked it to be noted how bad the traffic had got around the Windrush School.
11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
12. NEXT MEETING
The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.25pm. The date for the next meeting is Monday 12th June 2006 at 8.00pm in the Tiddy Hall, Ascott-under-Wychwood.