The following Councillors were present: Mr N Braithwaite (Chairman), Mr M Pearce, Mr S Fox, Mrs W Pearse, Mrs E Byles.
1. APOLOGIES Received from Rodney Rose, District Councillor.
2. MINUTES The minutes of the meeting held on 8th September 2003 were agreed and signed.
3. MATTERS ARISING
Sewerage: Nothing has been heard from Thames Water. Clerk to contact.
Vandalism: Nothing to report
Overgrown Hedge: The overgrown hedge on Chipping Norton Road has been cut back by Highways whilst they were painting white lines over the road bridge. Mr Izod has not cut the hedge this year.
Publication Scheme: No progress on risk assessment for publication scheme.
Village Shop: Practical completion date will be 16th October 2003. All funds are in place. Plastering is due to be started on 15th October followed by painting and then floor covering. No response so far to advertisement for Manager. Short-term plan will be for six volunteers to manage the shop for part of one day a week each.
Kerbing on Shipton Road: No progress. Clerk to chase.
Dawls Close Sign: No progress. Clerk to Chase
Hedge in Playing Field: No Progress. Chairman to Chase:
Jubilee Mugs: Nothing heard from Mr Flatt.
A letter had been received from Sport England and it was agreed to have a new plaque on the Pavilion. Clerk to return form. Action: Clerk
5. FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr Fox had received a letter from HLB AV Audit saying that we had been chosen at random to supply additional information. Mr Fox had dealt with this.
6. REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR
7. REPORT FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLOR
8. PUBLIC QUESTIONS
No members of the public were present.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
a) The kerbing around the village green on the London Lane/green corner has been damaged. Clerk to ask Bill Greenaway to repair it. Action; Clerk
b) Clerk to write to Highways to see if they will provide a new arm for the signpost by the level crossing saying to Shipton under Wychwood. Action: Clerk
c) The salt container outside Mr Fox’s house in London Lane has been damaged. Clerk to organise replacement. Action: Clerk
d) The Give-Way sign at the top of London Lane needs adjusting. At present it cannot be seen by drivers. Clerk to contact highways. Action: Clerk
e) The bar gate in the playing field that restricts vehicles driving up to the pavilion needs refixing. The post it hangs on is loose. Clerk to ask Bill Greenaway to repair it.
f) It has been reported that children are throwing the loose stones between the martyrs seat and the chestnut tree onto the green. Chairman to deal with this.
g) The hedge in London Lane opposite the green is very overgrown has still not been cut back. Clerk to write to Cornbury again. Action: Clerk
h) A new breeze block building has been erected in the coal yard. Clerk to write to the planners. Action: Clerk
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The meeting closed at 8.35 pm. The next meeting will be held on 10th November 2003.