The following Councillors were present: Mr N Braithwaite (Chairman), Mr M Pearce, Mr S Fox, Mrs W Pearse, Mrs E Byles. Mrs M Ismail, Parish Clerk was in attendence.
1. APOLOGIES Received from Mr R Rose County Councillor
2. MINUTES The minutes of the meeting held on 10th March 2003 were agreed and signed.
3. MATTERS ARISING
Kerbing Around the Green: The Clerk had received a letter from OCC to say the kerbing would be done following the work on Chipping Norton Road.
Martyrs Bench: This has been added to the Insurance Policy.
Railtrack: The Culverts have been cleared.
Vandalism in Playing Field: The ivy on the repaired wall will be pruned back later in the year. Action: Chairman, Mr Pearce.
Sewerage: Mr Pearce, the District Councillor and Mr King from WODC had inspected all the main storm drains and culverts. Drains are blocked due to not having been cleaned regularly, they are old and may have collapsed. It was agreed to ask Highways to carry out a camera inspection of all drains and pipes in the village.
Mr King would support this request. The Chairman had received an email from Mark Ormrod and Shani Gaskell of the Environment Agency suggesting that they come and talk to the Parish Council about the problem. It was agreed to invite them to attend the June meeting. Action: Clerk
Overgrown Hedge on Chipping Norton Road: Clerk to write to Mr Izod again when road works are complete. Action: Clerk
Crime and Disorder Act: Mr Oddy from WODC has agreed to talk about the role of the Parish Council under the act at the May meeting.
Litter Collection: This had been very successful and approach roads into the village now look much better.
Cotswold Line: This was a successful evening with films shown to a full Tiddy Hall.
Gate London Lane: This continues to be a problem as the gate is obstructing the footpath. Clerk to write to residents. Action: Clerk
BT Broadband: Notices are up. Milton and Shipton will also encourage people to register interest on the web site.
WODC Achievement Awards: There have been two applications for the awards from the village.
Rubbish Tipping: Tyack & Co appear to be clearing up the site.
Church Gates: The repairs have been completed.
Buses: The village community bus now provides a weekly service to Witney every Thursday. Mr Pearce had responded to letter about the Charlbury Rail Link bus. Clerk to send comments. Action: Clerk
Grapevine: No volunteers have yet come forward.
Publication Scheme: The Chairman had done some research but had not yet been able to carry out the Risk Assessment. Action: Chairman
Parish Meeting: John Cull has agreed too attend for the Village Shop Management Committee.
Footbridge Nr. Manor Farm: The work is complete except for concrete around the posts. Clerk to contact OCC. Action: Clerk
4. CORRESPONDENCE There was no correspondence.
W2002/1445 DEMOLITION OF EXISTING DWELLING AND ERECTION OF SIX DWELLINGS AND CONSTRUCTION OF NEW VEHICULAR ACCESS TO GARAGE COURTYARD at 2A SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Appeal Pending
03/0541 ERECTION OF A DETACHED DWELLING AND DOUBLE GARAGE. CLOSE UP EXISTING ACCESS AND CONTRUCT NEW VEHICULAR ACCESS at 2a SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD
W2002/1943 DEMOLITION OF BUNGALOW AND ERECTION OF FOURTEEN DWELLINGS AND NINE GARAGES at 18 SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Appeal pending
03/0630 DEMOLISH EXISTING CONSERVATORY AND OUTBUILDINGS. ERECTION OF TWO STORY SIDE EXTENSION AND FRONT EXTENSIONS PROVIDING NEW PORCH, WC, LOG STORE, WORKSHOP, DOUBLE GARAGE (WITH LOFT SPACE ABOVE) AND UTILITY ROOM (WITH PLANT ROOM AND STORAGE ABOVE).
CONSTRUCTION OF TWO STOREY, SELF-CONTAINED GRANNY ANNEXE WITH SINGLE STOREY LINK THROUGH TO MAIN HOUSE. ALTERATIONS TO EXISTING ACCESS at THE CEDARS, 8 LONDON LANE, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD
CROWN FARM – CHANGE OF USE
The Chairman had visited Crown Farm and talked to Mr Badger about the use of the new barn as an indoor riding school and the heavy lorries coming through the village. Mr Badger stated that the Crown does not need planning permission. Clerk to establish if this is the case and if they do need permission it was agreed that the enforcement officer would be asked to inspect recent developments at the farm. Action: Clerk
6. FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr Fox apologised for not having the annual accounts ready for the meeting but because the meeting had been brought forward there had not been time to complete them. They will be circulated to councillors before the Parish Meeting on 14th April. The audit for the year 1st April 2002 – 31st March 2003 will be done by reciprocal arrangement with Chadlington Parish Council but we will not be able to do this next year. The Chairman thanked Mr Fox for organising this arrangement and thereby saving the fee of professional auditors. The details of the monies for the Millennium Mugs were given for the accounts as follows:- 118 children received a mug costing £10 each. The Parish council contributed £5 and Mr and Mrs Eric Pratley contributed £5.00 per mug.
There was a discussion regarding the £8,000 donation to the village shop. It will not be possible to pay it from Capital and it may be necessary to set up a charitable loan scheme.
ViRSA Shop Registration £530.00
WODC Election Expenses £54.33
Tiddy Hall Hire 1st April 02 – 31st March 03 113.50
Mrs M Ismail quarter year salary £436.80
Mrs M Ismail three months telephone expenses £7.50
Lease of Pound- Mr R Burleigh £20.00
Lease of Playing Field- Windrush School £300.00
Lease of Playing Field – Cricket Club £300.00
Lease of Pavilion £5.00
Allotment Rent – Mr Fox £7.50
7. REPORT FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
There were no reports
8. PUBLIC QUESTIONS There were no public questions.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Declaration of Interest: Mr Fox should declare his allotment. Clerk to provide form and send to WODC. Action: Clerk
Allotment: P Cunningham had asked if he could keep a few chickens on an allotment. The Agreement with Cornbury Estates clearly states that animals are not allowed but the Handbook of Allotment Law states that they may be kept. Clerk to write to Cornbury to ask permission. Action: Clerk
Pavilion: There has been some damage to the changing room doors in the Pavilion. It was agreed that the Sports Club should be responsible. Mr Pearce to contact Roger Shepherd. Action: Mr Pearce
Vandalism: There has been unpleasant graffiti drawn some of the play equipment. Mr Pearce offered to get it removed. There has also been some vandalism at the Chestnut Drive play area and some anti social behaviour by young people reported from the residents. Clerk to ask police to show a presence in the area.
Action: Clerk, Mr Pearce
Village Shop: Responsibility for the village shop has passed to the Management Committee now that it has been registered with the Industrial Provident Society but it was agreed the Parish Council should receive regular reports on progress. Chairman will approach the Management Committee. There was discussion about setting up a charity to enable to Parish Council to give money to the shop Chairman to investigate. Action: Chairman
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The meeting closed at 9.45 pm. The next meeting will be the Annual Parish Meeting on Monday 14th April and the next Parish Council Meeting will be held on Monday 12th May 2003.