The following councillors were present: Mr N Braithwaite (Chairman), Mr M Pearce, Mr S Fox, Mrs W Pearse, Mrs E Byles. 1 member of the public was also present.
1. APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Mrs H Hibbert-Biles.
2. MINUTES The minutes of the meeting held on 11th November 2002 were agreed and signed.
3. MATTERS ARISING
Lower Green: No progress
Corner House Farm:
This has now been referred to the Full Development Control Committee for further negotiation to try and get more affordable housing on the site. The Chairman had spoken to the District Councillor who suggested we continue to lobby councillors, write to our MP and contact the press about the matter. It was agreed that legal advice should be considered. Chairman to contact Helen Datsun of Oxfordshire Rural Community Council to seek further advice.
Church Gates: The service of dedication for the church gates was well attended. Mr Hill has taken the gates and may be able to use them on his property. If the gates are used in the village there will be no charge.
Footbridge near Manor Farm: Work is in progress. Chairman had spoken to the Environment Agency about the handrails and they had given the impression that their responsibility was for building the bridge from the plans but not for the safety issues. The Clerk had spoken to the County Council Countryside Services and they had promised to look at the height of the handrails and also at the bridge near The Mill.
Kerbing around The Green: No progress.
Hedgerow on London Lane: The clerk had written to Cornbury and they have replied saying that they hope to cut it back before Christmas.
Martyrs Bench: A letter had been received from the Insurers indicating that they require a safety report on the tree from a tree surgeon before they will insure the bench. Chairman to contact Mr Jackson. Action: Chairman
Rospa: The Chairman had put down gravel over the stones near the entrance. This completes the work required from the Rospa Report on the playing field.
Freedom of Information Act – Publication Scheme: This Parish Council Meeting resolves to adopt the model publication scheme for parish meetings (core classes only). Clerk to complete the declaration form and send to The Information Commissioner.
Oxfordshire Associations of Local Councils: The Chairman has been trying to contact them but we shall receive minutes in due course.
Railtrack: The Clerk had contacted head office of Railtrack regarding clearing of the culvert and the flooding. They have promised to find out who is responsible for doing the work and let us know. Action: Clerk
4. CORRESPONDENCE All correspondence has been dealt with under Matters Arising.
W2002/110 DEMOLITION OF REDUNDANT AGRICULTURAL BUILDINGS AND ERECTION OF NINE DWELLINGS AND ONE SHOP at CORNER HOUSE FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD. Outstanding
W2002/1455 DEMOLITION OF EXISITING DWELLING. ERECTION OF SIX DWELLINGS & CONSTRUCTION OF NEW VEHICULAR ACCESS TO GARAGE COURTYARD at 2A SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Refused
W2002/1697 ERECTION OF REAR CONSERVATORY AT 12 LONDON LANE, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD. Passed
W2002/1773 DEMOLITION OF REDUNDANT AGRICULTRUAL BUILDINGS & ERECTION OF ELEVEN DWELLINGS, FORMATION OF VEHICULAR ACCESS & ASSOCATED CAR PARKING at CORNER FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Outstanding
6. FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr Fox had prepared a summary of finances to date and this was circulated.
Precept: Providing there is no unexpected expenditure there should be approximately £4,500 surplus at the end of the year and the precept will be spare. After discussion it was agreed that the precept should be raised by 15% to £7.500 and this money would be used to towards funding the village shop project with the proviso that if the shop is not built the precept could be lowered in future years.
Clerks Salary: It was agreed to raise the Clerks salary by 5% back dated to 1st April 2002. The petrol allowance is increased to 49.4p per mile.
7. REPORTS FROM DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
There were no reports.
8. PUBLIC QUESTIONS There were no public questions.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Vandalism: There has been some vandalism to the Pavilion guttering and to the stone wall near the gate. Mr Pearce offered to repair the damage to the guttering and contact Bill Greenaway about repairing the wall. Action: Mr Pearce
Aunt Sally Set: The set is now stored in a plastic box in the pavilion. Anyone wishing to use it should contact the Clerk.
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 13th January 2003. The meeting closed at 9.20 pm